I had a similar problem with my right hand (now okay) and now with my left hand (not okay)
the first time it happened the fingers and thumb would tingle and go numb, I had my neck xrayed and was told it was spondylitis in my neck and the I would have to live with it, I went private to a physio and was given stretching exercises for my neck, this was the cure.
at the end of a workout when my neck and shoulders are warm I perform some stretching.
1) Gently bend your neck in attempts to touch your left ear to your shoulder.
2) Stop when a stretch is felt in the right side of your neck. (i would put my left hand over the top of my head and gently pull it towards my shoulder, don't hurt yourself though)
3) Hold position for 20 seconds.
4) Return to starting position. (neck in midline position)
5) Repeat above stretch 5 more times.
6) Gently bend your neck in attempts to touch your right ear to your shoulder.
7) Stop when a stretch is felt in the left side of your neck.
Hold position for 20 seconds.
9) Return to starting position. (neck in midline position)
10) Repeat above stretch 5 more times.
check out this link I hope it helps
You are not allowed to view links.